Atlantic Poly Blog
Over the past 15 years we’ve helped remove millions of lbs of scrap from the waste stream. We receive hundreds of calls inquiring about Recycling, Recycled Bags, Biodegradable Bags, and other environmental questions. Our views and what we’re doing about these issues will be discussed on the following pages. We realize each of your companies’ can be faced with different environmental challenges. What works for one company might not be viable for another. We’re here as a resource to help you with your environmental challenges.
Atlantic Poly would like to help in your recycling efforts and conserving our environment:
- Help your company's bottom line
- Help your environment
- Reduce your waste disposal costs
- Potential for value of materials recycled
- Possible tax benefits for recycling material
- Stretch Film
- Pallet Wrap
- Poly Bags
- Poly Films
- LDPE and HDPE
Source reduction is decreasing the amount of materials or energy used during the manufacturing or distribution of products and packages. Because it stops waste before it starts, source reduction is the top solid waste priority of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
What Source Reduction Isn't
Source reduction is not the same as recycling. Recycling is collecting already used materials and making them into another product. Recycling begins at the end of a product's life, while source reduction first takes place when the product and its packaging are being designed.
The best way to think about source reduction and recycling is as complementary activities: combined, source reduction and recycling have a significant impact on preventing solid waste and saving resources.
Why It's Important
- Source reduction conserves raw material and energy resources. Manufacturing thinner gauge films and bags requires less energy to manufacture and transport. (LDPE and LLDPE resins have become more sophisticated and can be run at a thinner gauges with equivalent strength to thicker material. )
- Source reduction reduces releases to air, land and water. For example, it takes less fuel to transport lighter weight materials.
- Source reduction cuts back on what has to be thrown away. That helps keep solid waste disposal costs down, which is good for municipal budgets and consumers.
has been assumed for a while now that imported production of plastic
bags is always much cheaper than domestic production. This is no longer
true in many cases.
A 3-4 week domestic lead time, is certainly easier to deal with than a 12-14 week import lead time.
Maybe it is time once again to think about supporting American production!!
New product meets all EPA and Government Requirements
Binskin Liners… We’ve developed a new line of Roll Off liners called “TRUE LINERS” Guaranteed full gauge, Full spec liners that meet all EPA and Government requirements. BinSkins™ are heavy-duty polyethylene liners, providing maximum protection for your roll-off containers. BinSkins™ reduce potential leakage, lower wash-out costs and increase container longevity. BinSkins™ provide a cleaner, safer, easier way to dump debris, and other airborne contaminants. Easily installed by one person, BinSkins™ quickly roll open and extend over the top and sides of the containers.