Clean Room ISO Certified Bags
- Nylon and Anti-Static Nylon
We cannot overstress the meaning of “clean” when referring to clean film and bags. In this case clean is not dirt as we know it, but particulate contamination. Any foreign substance, including bits of the bag or film itself, are considered particulate contamination. In order for the reader to become more aware of the meaning of particulate contamination.
First, you must become aware of the term “micron” when measuring size. One thousandth of one inch (.001 or 1 mil) equals twenty five microns or .0000394 inches. Measurements of contamination usually base their measurements using particles measuring one half micron (.5 microns) or .0000196 inches.
As an example of relative size, a human hair measures approximately 40 microns in diameter while dead skin particles that shed from a human body can measure anywhere from 1 to 1,000 microns. Particles of dust are about 1 micron with bacteria any where from 0.3 to 10 microns. Now remember, our cleanliness levels are based on ½ of a micron.
Federal Standard 209E basically classifies a number units of cleanliest levels which are as follows:
- Class 100 as the level of cleanliest that has no more than 100 particles in one cubic foot of air which is over .5 microns.
- Class 1,000 as the level of cleanliest that has no more than 1,000 particles in one cubic foot of air which is over .5 microns.
- Class 10,000 as the level of cleanliest that has no more than 10,000 particles in one cubic foot of air which is over .5 microns.
- Class 100,000 as the level of cleanliest that has no more that 100,000 particles in one cubic foot of air which is over .5 microns.
The measurement levels go down to class 10 and class 1. Class 1 usually operates in an environment which necessitates the use of robots rather than human persons in order to maintain that level of cleanliness.
Our greatest number of requests for clean film and bags is class 100. To conform to this, we must manufacture the bags and roll the film (through a web cleaner) in a class 100 environment. By using filtered super clean nitrogen in the bubble and additive free (barefoot resin) resin, we arrive with an interior surface classified as a level 100.